09.00 - 09.15: Opening by Gabi Zimmer President of GUE/NGL and Dimitris Papadimoulis, Vice President of the European Parliament, GUE/NG, Greece.
09.15 - 10.45: How did we deal globally with public debt in the past and what we learned?
Chair: Stelios Kouloglou, Vice-Chair of the Development Committee, GUE/NGL, Greece.
• Ann Pettifor, Director of Policy Research in Macroeconomics, City University, London:
• Pedro Paez: Professor & Former Minister for Economic Policy Coordination of Ecuador
• Philippe Lamberts, President of the Greens/EFA Group, Belgium.
• Lucio Pench, Director DG ECFIN, European Commission
10.45 - 12.15: Proposing solutions for the public debt crisis in Europe.
Chair: Eleonora Forenza, MEP, GUE/NGL, Member of the Committee on International Trade, Italy
• Greece: Nikos Christodoulakis, Professor Athens University of Economics and Business & Former Minister of Finance and Economy of Greece.
• Greece: Marica Frangakis, Nicos Poulatzas Institute, Athens
• Italy: Thomas Fazi, Journalist &, Author of 'The Battle for Europe: How an Elite Hijacked a Continent - and How we Can Take it Back'.
• Pervenche Beres, Member of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs, S&D Group, France
12.15–12.30: Conclusions by Dimitris Papadimoulis, Vice President of the European Parliament, GUE/NG, Greece. & Marisa Matias, Member of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs, GUE/NGL, Portugal